Sunday, September 4, 2011

Until We Meet Again

I'll always remember the first day you and your sister knocked on my door. I had just moved into the neighborhood and didn't know a single soul. You were my very first friend. From that day on, we were inseparable: walking to the bus stop together and styling your hair during the ride to school, playing cops and robbers in your house while your dad was at work, making up dances to your 70's cd, the 5th grade talent show, your obsession with Pepsi and your catLucy, our pet frog (Kermit) that we found in my yard and shared every other day even though I never dared to touch him, watching re-runs of The Brady Bunch, and Spongebob, accidentally throwing your retainers away at lunch and having to dig through the trash cans at least once a month. You grew up to be such a beautiful, bright girl. I'm so lucky for the time I had to be in your presence. Your friendship meant the world to me, and I know we will meet again. I'll love you always, Brittany.

No comments:

Post a Comment