Monday, August 15, 2011

Why?oming

If there's one thing that I look forward to every year, it's the annual YSA Jackson Hole/ Snake River rafting trip. Honestly though, being in the freezing water was MISERABLE. I have no idea why I love it so much. We ran the river twice on Friday, and I only fell overboard once. Somehow I survived!

That afternoon we received some awful news. Braxton's little brother, Jared had gone missing while at scout camp. The timing couldn't have been any worse. After our ward quickly gathered together and held a group prayer, Braxton left with our bishop and his wife to join the search party . I know that all of our prayers were answered when news came back that they had found Jared the following morning. The story even made national news!

It was a roller coaster of a weekend. A ton of hilarious memories were made, and stories shared. The people I am surrounded by are one in a million.

No comments:

Post a Comment