Thursday, September 22, 2011

Close Eyes, Clear Heart, Let Go


I'm an expert on heart ache.
I know how the tears flood the pillow.
I know the mood swings, angry to sad.
I know of the self inflicted torture, taking blame.
I know the hatred eating at the heart.
I know the love that still exists.
I know of the vanishing future, the empty feeling
I know the revenge that will never amount
I know the doubt that fills the mind with darkness
I know the desperate apologies, attempts to make amends
I know the deleted memories not fully removed
I know the heart broken playlist stuck on repeat
I know the fear of being replaced and forgotten

And then one day...
Comes healing
Comes forgiveness
Comes acceptance
Comes hope
Comes light
Comes closure
Comes knowledge
Comes another

Until then I'll smile in the presence of others, pray for strength to endure and wait for that day.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak. Sometimes it means you are strong enough to let go."

"When things are good, love is easy. When things are tough, love is true."

2 comments:

  1. MOR! Did you write that? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did. Thanks! We need to play the ol' geet (Egyptian). I've been trying to put some lines together.

    ReplyDelete