Friday, April 2, 2010

One Year Older and Wiser Too!



















You know the age old question, "So how does it feel to be one year older?" Seems like every birthday that question is asked. Well this year is the only time when I've actually felt a difference. No longer a teen... uh weird! What's my excuse now for getting into trouble or acting immature? Also it got me thinking only one year left until I get to go on a mission. I've come to the part in my life where major events are starting to happen. So many choices that need to be made. Now is not the time to be indecisive. One step in the wrong direction and it could have a major effect on my whole life's outcome. No pressure right?

Something I've been working on lately is being more open minded. I used to let fear rule my actions. Until recently, I didn't mind. I never wanted to step out of my comfort zone. But I've learned that outside of the comfort zone lies the miracle zone. I would much rather be miraculous than comfortable. Talk about boring! So the morning of my birthday, I decided to take a chance. My friend, Areli, invited me to a zumba class. I immediately thought, "Heck no! I can't dance to save my life". Against my prior judgments, I decided to go. And guess what! It was a blast. I totally surprised myself. I now look forward to making zumba a part of my weekly schedule. Afterwards, my friends took me to lunch. We went to a "mexican dive". That's what Areli called it. I ordered two tacos... yummy! Later, I went to Red Robin with my family. I'm a burger and fries kinda girl:) Don't forget the chocolate milkshake.

The point I want to make is be spontaneous! You never know what you could be missing out on. Feel the fear, and do it anyways. That's my goal for this year. I want my 20 year old self to live life to the fullest, and not be afraid to try new things or meet new people. I realized that I have a lot more friends than I thought. I've surrounded myself with the best of the best. I know that I am much loved! Everything I could ever want is at the tips of my fingers. It's now up to me to reach out and grab it.

3 comments:

  1. great way to put it! so well with words!! :) Love you Mor!! And I love that new theme/goal for your twentieth year! I may have to join you with that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks:) You're my shining star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you refer to yourself as your "20 year old self." That is how I refer to myself in my book. We could totally go in on it together! haha.

    You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete