Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Love You Better




Things I Love About Myself:
  • I love my laugh and how I take every opportunity to let people hear it.
  • I love my freckles.
  • I love that I play stupid very well, but I'm secretly a genius.
  • Contrary to popular belief, I love my red hair.
  • I love my testimony in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
  • I love my chubby cheeks when I smile.
  • I love my ability to make friends with the least expected people.
  • I love my flat chest.
  • I love how I can never correctly word common sayings.
  • I love my long toes and sausage fingers.
  • I love how petrified I am of insects and flying creatures.
  • I love my straight teeth thanks to braces.
  • I love my random sense of humor.
  • I love that most of the time I am preggers with a food baby.
  • I love that I forgive others too easily.
  • I love that no matter how hard I try, I will always have pale skin.
  • I love how I act tough and always say, "I'm gonna punch your lights out!", but I'd never dare to actually hit someone. I'm all talk.
  • I love how I look like a twelve year old little girl.
  • I love that I am optimistic and look for the good in every situation.
  • I love that my fingernails are always painted.
  • I love that I would rather listen to others than talk about myself.
  • I love that I am not comfortable with the way I move, but I dance anyways.
  • I love how I can tell the most hilarious jokes, but I can also have serious conversations about life.
  • I love my eyes and how one day they're frosty blue, and the next they're olive green.
  • I love how easy it is for me to cry whether I am happy or in pain.
  • I love how my eyebrows do a jig when I talk. They catch everyone's attention.
  • I love how much I've learned to love myself. I am who I've always wanted to be.
Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections. Make a list of what you love about yourself. Accept who you are and learn to love even your flaws. Be proud of the progress you are making in this life. Always act like you're wearing an invisible crown. After all, the way you treat yourself sets the standard for others. We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies. You are a creation of God; God doesn't create idiots.

Today you are you.
That is truer than true.
There is no one alive
Who is youer than you.
--Dr. Seuss

You're fine exactly as you are.
Your curves, words, flaws, strengths, thoughts.
You don't need to change.
You aren't ugly, fat, stupid, or worthless.
You are you.

Be the best version of you!

1. Go to Google.com

2. Type in "Who's the cutest?"

3. Click I'm feeling lucky.

It's true!

2 comments:

  1. Love it, love it, love it! I never did write a love letter to myself the other day when you suggested it, but I am definitely going to now!

    ReplyDelete