Friday, April 9, 2010

Oh What a Night


Reunited at last! The other night Karli texted me wondering if I had any plans for the following day. As usual, my schedule was wide open, and I was curious to know why she asked. Her friend from school had free tickets to a concert in Salt Lake and told her to invite some friends. I immediately got excited! I couldn't have cared less about the concert; all I wanted to do was get the chance to see my long lost friend! She gave me the details and we planned to meet in Salt Lake. I learned later that the bands that were playing were Bear Hands, Mayer Hawthorne, and Passion Pit... who? I'd never heard of any of these guys. Regardless, I was ready to let loose and have a good time. I forgot how much fun Karli and I used to have together, but all those wild jokes and crazy attitudes flooded back into my mind the moment we were in the same room. The night was filled with dancing, laughing, and slapping stranger's butts! There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good. This spontaneous night gave me the chance to meet new friends and catch up with old ones. I need more of this in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment