Sunday, October 3, 2010

Counting My Blessings

Friday was Blaine's 23rd birthday (and my half birthday but who cares)! We all took the frontrunner down to Salt Lake and went to Tucanos to stuff our faces. Cassie and I were the only one's who didn't dare to eat the freaking disgusting chicken heart. Yeah right! I filled up on the salad bar and the fried pineapple. Yummy! I'd pay $25 just to eat their pineapple. It's my favorite. Good friends. Good food. Good times:)

Saturday and Sunday I was lucky enough to be able to go to General Conference and sing with my single's ward on the temple grounds inbetween sessions. The spirit I felt was overwhelming. By no means am I a good singer, but so many people walked by and thanked us for our simple hymns. I watched one lady pass by with tears in her eyes. At that moment I realized I was doing the work of the Lord and that he was pleased with my service.

I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be surrounded by such inspiring people. I'm convinced that I'm a better person today because of the friends I have chosen to spend my time with.

No comments:

Post a Comment