Monday, March 29, 2010

A Brand New Day


It's my 20th birthday on Thursday (whoop whoop!), and I feel like everything I was supposed to learn as a teenager has developed in the last month. Like my room, my life was a pig sty: relationships scattered like laundry on the floor, my decisions unmade similar to the bed I sleep in, and burnt out light bulbs leaving shadows in the corners of my mind. Though my room is still a complete disaster, and will probably remain that way until I need a clean pair of socks, my life has finally been purged of the mess. I am so grateful for the experiences I've been given to grow! In every seed of seeming tragedy is hidden the fruit of glory and reward. In our dark, difficult places, we often become more deeply acquainted with the good and comforting presence of God. Every day holds a new adventure, and is a fresh start on life. That's the attitude I choose to carry with me and share with others.

1 comment:

  1. Very well put! You're amazing Mor and I'm so glad you're my best friend!! Keep up the great work! I'm so happy you're happy! It's wonderful how the knowledge of the gospel can seriously help with cleaning up our attitudes! Thanks for being such a great person and always helping me to put on a great attitude!Looooooove you!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete